Last week was so hard! David was released from his stake president calling after 8 1/2 years. We weren't quite ready and it was very emotional. It took place during stake conference, which we have twice a year. We had started a little tradition with some friends (Bart and Peggy Wood) of ours the last year or so....we go to Baskin Robbins after the Sat. night adult session of conference. This year Peggy wasn't able to be there, so Aubrey, their daughter stood in for her. Kinda sad it was our last time for that, and so many more "lasts" to come:(

David was released on Sunday. I had hoped to get pictures, but that didn't happen. The meetings were excellent and we were very blessed to have Elder Lynn G. Robbins come out from Salt Lake to do the reorganization of the stake. We learned a lot from him! The hardest part for me was when the Sunday meeting was all over and David went to get his papers from off the stand by his seat for the last 8 1/2 years, and I watched him stand there and cry....still makes me cry!
I wasn't sure it was the best idea, but we (David and I) left the very next day and flew to Denver. David worked with his new team members and I played with the grandkids so Heather and Cory could run errands, pack and clean and move to Arkansas on Wed. Hannah stayed home with big brother Michael and occasionally a friend.
 |
| he was using these as a gun to shoot me;) |
 |
| poor baby was pretty sick with a nasty cold and cough! |
 |
| still cute, even when sick! |
 |
| everything was packed, so we made a fort out of a box and they watched a movie on the travel player. |
 |
| We took the family out to dinner at Joe's crab shack, which happened to be next to our hotel. |
 |
| Add caption |
 |
| the next day grandma got to spoil them by taking them to McDonald's... |
 |
| ...and Krispy Kreme.... |
 |
| and after driving around so they'd sleep in the car, we went swimming at the hotel. |
 |
| for Valentine's day, we took the kids to Ihop! :) |
After I got David to the airport Wed. morning to go work in OK, I turned around and took Heather and the kids to the airport. Cory finished cleaning, painting and packing and drove out Thursday. After my airport trips I went to my friend's home to stay with her while we looked around at housing and what was out there. Kim and I did a lot of driving around Wed. and then Thursday she had a friend, who is a realtor, come with us most of the day. After the kids came home from school I ventured out on my own until dark. Can I just say how grateful I am for GPS's!
 |
| waiting for their flight.... |
David flew back in on Friday and I showed him some of what I'd found and we also looked at things neither of us had seen before. We got to go through about 4-5 homes that were vacant because sweet Natalie, the realtor friend gave us the codes to go in. That was fun. We found a few we liked, but there are still so many variables that we can't make any decisions yet, so we'll see what's out there by the time we can. We'll keep you posted as well.
here is the link to the house we liked the best. The best part, well the funniest, is this beautiful house and then down in the basement, that they don't show on website, are 2 painted rooms....
 |
| this is one of the basement rooms;) |
We'll just have to see what we can afford after appraisels and prequalifications, hopefully soon.
And this was what the weather was like ALL week!
 |
| I think I can live here;) |
Here comes the adventure......stay tuned.
Comments